Friday, October 18, 2013

Racing to 40 with style! Genteleman's 40th Race Car Birthday!

It's easy to think "NASCAR" when you say "racing." However, my client was interested in celebrating her husband's hobby of street racing and incorporating his blue, converted BMW race car at the clubhouse pool where they live. NASCAR was out of the question.

Being at a clubhouse, the pool is a lot larger than one you would find in your back yard. We also had to be considerate of all the neighborhood residence that were going to make use of the pool during the day, so I had to work with one side of the pool area and leave the other side open to neighborhood pool guests.

I was able to tie the whole racing theme together and unify the large space with two 100 foot long racing pennant banners that I purchased from Oriental Trading. I suspended the two banners diagonally across the pool with some metal polls in buckets, which "downsized" the pool area, tied in the other half of the pool area that was open to the residence and tied in the area that our party guests enjoyed!

Aside from the people at the junk yard laughing at me, pulling hubs caps in my high heels, in between bridal appointments, this party was everything I hoped that it would turn out to be!

I used number 10 sized food cans for centerpieces that I collected for the 12th Annual Cattle Barons' Ball for the American Cancer Society.   My inspiration came from seeing vintage oil cans in one of my favorite antique stores. I knew that I could easily re-create the overly priced ($30+) and too small of a size oil can. The bold color templates added just enough "pop" against the classic black and white checkered racing pattern.

The appetizer and buffet tabletops were supported with tires and accented with blue BMW décor.

 
Pennant Banners from Oriental Trading.  

Overview of some of the guest tables.

Bar Area. Rental items from Party Time Rentals in Ocala, FL.

Opposite side of the pool, where party guests enjoyed delicious food from The Mojo Grill and Catering Co.

Happy Birthday to the guest of honor! Cake by Betty Cakes!

Excellent detail!

Centerpiece for the appetizer tabletop.
Table Centerpieces. Hub caps, vintage oil cans and race flags.

Close up

Close up of the BMW racing tires.

Vendor Credits:
Event décor, set up and design: MG Events.
Party Time Rentals
Jennifer with Marely Mae Designs for the invitations.
Special thanks to Mojo's Grill and Catering!
Thanks to Betty Cakes for the amazing cake!
Selective décor items from Oriental Trading.
Thank you to Blockers Entertainment for the great DJ services - 352-454-2445




post signature

No comments: